Band Of The Week: HEROES
This week we did an interview with the great guys behind HEROES, a New York based ‘melodic hardcore’ band out to make a name for themselves. We’ll be featuring videos, photos, and songs by them all week, so don’t miss out!
Check out their interview below!
The Serious Half:
- How/When did you guys meet, and how did the band get started?
- Was there a particular artist/song that inspired you individually or as a band to take up music?
- What’s your favorite show been, and where do you dream of playing one day?
- What’s the most important part of being in a band? (Most important thing to keep in mind)
Answered by the bassist, Nick.
- We started HEROES in the spring of 2010. Most of us have all been friends for years prior to playing music together and I think that was a big key in making the band who we are today as a whole and as people. We’re real friends before we are a band, not like most bands which are musicians just thrown together in a room. We had a few ideas for what we wanted to do with genres and songs and just started jamming on them in my basement and it just seemed to flow very naturally. We all had fun and that was a big part of it
- As a band we all listen to completely different types of music. Some of us are into really heavy stuff and some of us are into really light stuff and I think it shines through in the songs. Bands like The Ghost Inside, For The Fallen Dreams, Saints Never Surrender, A Day To Remember, Fall Out Boy, The Starting Line have all had their impression on our music. We just want to put out the music that we love to hear.
- To this date my personal favorite show we played would be at a warehouse in our hometown. It was the first local show we had played with our vocalist Nick who was newer to the band at the time. Kids were having fun and so were we and thats really all that matters to us. I think i speak for all of when I say that we dream of playing festivals and large shows to the scale of Bamboozle or Warped Tour. Its a personal goal and dream of ours.
- The most important thing about being in a band would have to be that you have to have the will and passion to work hard and essentially love what you do. If your not having fun doing it then its not meant for you. As a group we put 210 percent into it and we try to be our own favorite band.
The Less Than Serious Half:
- If you were all superheroes, what would your powers be and why?
- Describe each of your band members in two words or less.
- Any guilty pleasures?
- If Hollywood made a movie (a Never Say Never Justin Bieber Documentary sort of deal) who would you like to see playing each of you?
Answered by Chris - Guitars/Vocals
- Invisibility. If people can’t see me than I can cause some problems. Good problems I guess. Like stopping people from listening to Nickelback
- Paul - Barista
Pete - Finna Thrash
Nick C - Hot Babe
Nick V - Daddy Chulo
- My guilty pleasure would probably be listening to Call Me Maybe and dancing around like I am Carly Rae Jepsen. Something like that.
- Anyone but Nicholas Cage can play me
Answered by Nick - Bass
- Ability to fly. I just think it would be way more efficient than touring in a van. Lets fly to each venue.
- Chris - Pizza Caveman
Paul - Naked drummer
Pete - yobro
Nick - Papa V
- My guilty pleasure would be listening to pop music. Its disgusting how much I listen to popular radio.
- Ryan Gosling could play me because he is almost as handsome as I am.
And a note from the band:
“Thanks for checking us out! be sure to shoot us a like on facebook or a follow on tumblr we always love talking to everyone!”
Get social with HEROES:
Facebook | BandCamp | Twitter | Email | MGMT: Aaron Kudler